Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Pool-Side POMping!


Greetings,

and thanks for stopping by.  I appreciate those of you who has stuck around since it has been, seems like FOREVER, since my last post.  I promise I didn't mean to stay away for so long but that thing called life can takeover (I am sure you understand).  So from the bottom of my heart....THANK YOU and I missed all of you!

Now lets get into this outfit post.  This past weekend my mom and I took a trip to visit family in CT for my cousin's graduation.  To celebrate, she was thrown a pool party.  Now let me tell you a little about me, I am not a pool-side girl or a swimmer, BUT I wanted to be "pool-side" fab...lol.  I really loved how this outfit turned out considering a couple of items were my very own DIY.  It was fun, colorful, and flirty and all around Summer-time appropriate.  I also think this look is quite festival appropriate considering all of the fun music and art festivals during the Summer.

 Now my favorite part of this look are the shoes.  The pom pom sandal is one of the hottest Spring/Summer shoe trend that has hit and I am here for it.    Many designers such as Dolce & Gabbana  (*in Madea's voice..lol) and Aquazzura, to name a couple has jumped on the bandwagon.  There are also budget-friendly options for these shoes.I have found ASOS, Shein, and Sammy Dress has these shoes reasonably priced and they look just as stylish as the designers. BUT your girl took it even further by making her own... YES, I did!!  I purchased the sandals from Target for $14.99, found packs of Pom Poms in various sizes and Jewelry hooks from Hobby Lobby, and begin to hot glue away.  I received so many compliments and mouths dropped when I told people I made them.....(shy grin).





Outfit Details:
Swim Cover up - Lightinthebox.com
Swim Top -Walmart (cute option here)
Distressed Shorts  DIY (old thrifted jeans)
Sandals - DIY
Purse - SheIn
 lippie - Colourpop's "Highball"


Hope you enjoyed today's post and thanks so much for dropping in on Chic-N-Everything!!! Have a blessed rest of the week.


No comments:

Post a Comment