Friday, December 27, 2013

Beauty Beat - DIY Lip Scrub


Greetings beauties!!!  I hope you and your family had a wonderful CHRISTmas filled with love, laughter, and cheer.  Our Christmas was good, however, we were all getting over illnesses from the flu to food poison.  So, we were all dragging from the lack of energy that brought upon us.  I wanted to have this post up before Christmas, but between the sicknesses and getting ready for Christmas, I didn't have the time.  I posted a picture on my Instagram of this homemade lip scrub I made for my co-workers for Christmas gifts. It is a simple DIY beauty product used to exfoliate and moisturize the lips. In the dry winter months, I think it is safe to say that we can all use some lip exfoliating and moisturizing.    These would also make great bridal and baby shower favors, or for any other special occasion.  I have listed the ingredients and directions below of how to make this yummy lip scrub (all of the ingredients are edible.)
 
 
Ingredients
  • 3 cups Granulated Sugar
  • ½ cup fresh grapefruit juice (approximately one half a ripe grapefruit)
  • ½ cup olive oil
  • 2 tbsp Coconut oil
  • 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
Instructions
  1. Squeeze fresh grapefruit juice. Strain out any pulp and seeds.
  2. Mix together sugar, juice, coconut oil, vanilla and olive oil in a bowl. (make sure to lightly mix.  You do not want the sugar to dissolve)
  3. Store in a tightly covered container. Keeping it refrigerated will make it last longer.
  4. To use, scoop out with your hands and scrub gently on skin. Rinse with warm water and pat dry.
 
**Please note that the grapefruit & vanilla flavoring is optional.  You can personalize your lip scrub to your liking with other delicious flavoring. 
 
Thanks for stopping by and please share any of your DIY beauty products, I would LOVE to hear from you!!
 
 
Te'Rea
 

No comments:

Post a Comment